What We Stand For
A platform for the so-called American Fraction of the Left Communist International. It was written by D.A. and appeared in the January-February 1949 issue of International Bulletin. This issue and others (which also contain this platform) are available on archive.org.
- Our conception of the world and the society proper to it is that of Marx’s scientific socialism.
- For the reconstitution of a Revolutionary International against the Internationals of Betrayal (Social Democracy, Stalinism, Trotskyism).
- Against collaboration with the bourgeois and pseudo-proletarian parties which uphold the false and deceitful banner of
true democracy. Therefore we oppose the
united front which is a front opposed to the working class.
- We denounce as counter-revolutionary, every movement which, with an eye to easier agitation and electoral success views parliamentary decisions as useful. During electoral campaigns we continue the agitation for the general historic aims of the working class. We do not take the least responsibility for the pseudo-proletarian parties (Stalinist, Socialist, Trotskyite, or Laborite).
- The trade unions of the C.I.O. and A.F.L., Railroad Brotherhoods and
Independent Unions, are part of the legal apparatus of the Capitalist State. Working class unity will be achieved on the basis of the platform of the party of the revolution, and, under its leadership, within those organisms, created in the revival of the proletarian class struggle.
- The farm-workers are the class brothers of the Industrial workers and must be won to a position of class-solidarity.
- All so-called movements of colonial independence have an Imperialist base. There does not exist for the colonial and semi-colonial areas, any longer, the problem of a bourgeois revolution. The only road is proletarian revolution.
- The proletariat must work for the defeat of its own bourgeoisie and its satellites in the advanced industrial sectors of world capitalism, as well as for the defeat of its own bourgeoisie and satellites in the colonial and semi-colonial areas of world capitalism, in time of war.
- The defeat of the bourgeoisie, on a world scale, accomplished through the civil war of the proletariat, under the guidance and leadership of the Revolutionary International Party, will be the beginning of the Socialist Reorganization of Society under the Dictatorship of the Proletariat.
- The Dictatorship of the Proletariat, will serve as the transition to the classless society of Socialism, where the State will cease to exist, and Government and Tyranny, the history of the past.
- The Dictatorship of the Proletariat is not to be understood as a defense of the Soviet Union. On the contrary, the Dictatorship of the Proletariat will arise in Russia, which is now an Imperialist State, through Socialist Revolution.